Compact (Font Size is 8 Point)
Compact Bible: 4.25 inches (10.8 cm) wide by 6 inches (15.2 cm) tall and approximately 1.6 inches (4 cm) thick
Compact Triple: 4.25 inches (10.8 cm) wide by 6 inches (15.2 cm) tall and approximately 0.94 inches (2.4 cm) thick
Compact Quad: 4.25 inches wide (10.8 cm) by 6 inches (15.2 cm) tall and approximately 2.44 inches (6.2 cm) thick
Regular (Font Size is 10 Point)
Standard Bible: 5.25 inches wide (13.3 cm) by 7.25 inches (18.4 cm) tall and approximately 1.6 inches (4 cm) thick
Standard Triple: 5.25 inches wide (13.3 cm) by 7.25 inches (18.4 cm) tall and approximately 0.94 inches (2.4 cm) thick
Standard Quad: 5.25 inches wide (13.3 cm) by 7.25 inches (18.4 cm) tall and approximately 2.44 inches (6.2 cm) thick
Large (Font Size is 12 Point)
Large Bible: 6.5 inches (16.5 cm) wide by 9.5 inches (24.1 cm) tall and approximately 1.6 inches (4 cm) thick
Large Triple: 6.5 inches (16.5 cm) wide by 9.5 inches (24.1 cm) tall and approximately 0.94 inches (2.4 cm) thick
Large Quad: 6.5 inches (16.5 cm) wide by 9.5 inches (24.1 cm) tall and approximately 2.44 inches (6.2 cm) thick
Extra Large (Font Size is 16 Point)
Extra Large Scriptures: 8.25 inches wide by 10.75 inches tall
For more information about imprinting, see this article here.
The genuine leather scripture sets are made from a new cowhide material. It looks and feels softer than the previously used pigskin leather. The new cowhide leather has a patina that becomes richer over time as it takes on the markings of regular use and natural oils from the owner.
Why did the scripture cover colors change? What colors will the scriptures be available in?
A reduction in the number of colors and styles offered has been directed in an effort to simplify and standardize products in an increasingly global church environment. The only color available for leather scriptures is black.
What is the difference between the new simulated leather and bonded leather scripture covers?
The simulated leather is a synthetic material designed to assume leather-like attributes. The previous bonded leather material was composed of bonded leather pieces. In customer surveys, this synthetic material was preferred over the previous bonded leather material in terms of look and feel. It is comparable to the genuine leather in terms of durability and feel.
How should I care for my new scriptures?
The scriptures feature a premium genuine leather cover and the finest ultrathin, acid-free paper. A special binding-reinforcement process enhances their durability. They are warranted against defects; however, no guarantee is extended for normal wear and tear. Following these guidelines will extend the life of your scriptures:
- Edge-gilded pages often stick together. Fan the pages gently to separate the gilded edges. You may need to separate some pages by placing them between your thumb and index finger and rubbing them together lightly.
- To protect the spine, place the backbone (spine) of the closed book on a flat surface. Gently fold down approximately 100 pages at a time, alternating between the front and the back of the book. Continue working toward the center until the book is completely opened. Never bend the cover back from the center of the book.
- Closing your book with pencils or other objects inside of it will cause strain on the binding and may cause it to crack and break.
- Liquid-ink pens or markers may bleed through pages. Soft-lead pencils work best, but take care not to tear through the thin paper. Test any markings in an inconspicuous area first.
- Do not expose your scriptures to extreme temperatures or moisture. Avoiding leaving your scriptures in direct sunlight. If the leather gets wet, wipe it with a soft, dry cloth before the water soaks in.
- Slight blemishes and imperfections are natural in genuine leather and are part of the beauty of your scriptures. To clean the leather, gently rub it with a clean, soft cotton cloth. Do not treat the finish with a solvent-based cleaner.
- Do not put tape or other adhesives on the leather, as they may damage the finish.
The scent, brilliant nuances of color, and natural veins and marks enhance the richness of this leather. As you use your scriptures, the natural oils from your hands will affect the finish of the leather and create a book that is uniquely yours. Though signs of wear will eventually appear, with a little care you can enjoy beautiful scriptures for many years to come.